16th World Pencak Silat Championship 2015
7th till 17th January 2015
“UNITING SILAT UNITING THE PEOPLE”
International Pencak Silat Federation (PERSILAT)
- PERSILAT, an acronym of Persekutuan Silat Antarabangsa or the International Pencak Silat Federation, which was founded in Jakarta on 11th March 1980.
- It is the only international organization of Pencak Silat in the world.
- Level of boards of PERSILAT consist of Federation Central Board, which are elected and determined by and from the Founding Members of PERSILAT in a PERSILAT congress.
History of World Championship
First World Pencak Silat Championship was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in the year 1987.
- Subsequently the championship was hosted by countries, such as; Netherlands, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia.
- In 2013 Thailand hosted 15th which was held in Chiang Rai, and for 16th World Pencak Silat Championship once again Thailand is taking up and hosting it at Phuket.
Pencak Silat Association of Thailand (PSAT)
- To promote & arrange domestic Pencak Silat activity & competition both amateur & professional category
- To control standard of Pencak Silat competition & tournament arrangement that is set by the Pencak Silat Federation and Association
- To develop Pencak Silat Association officer & athlete to have the potential and relevant knowledge
- To coordinate with Sport Authority of Thailand, relevant private and government organization both domestic and international for signing agreement or activity arrangement
- To urge local Pencak Silat club to be created in each province in the country
- To support local club about the important factors of facility that specify in PSAT regulation
- To promote democracy system and campaign against political corruption by not providing fund to any politician or political party
Mr. Panu UthairatPresident of PSAT
After Major General Pornchai Eiamsanitamorn finished serving the term as the President of PSAT, the association committee had an election for the new President of PSAT elected at Sport Authority of Thailand, Conference Room on 30th March 2013.
Mr. Panu Uthairat was offered as the President for the association. And all the committee agreed with the election.
Mr. Panu promises to the committee and officers that will operate and run with fairness and will not make any one disappointed with his work. He targeted to win in Pencak Silat competition in 27th SEA Games, in Myanmar.
About… The Kingdom of Thailand
Located in the centre of Southeast Asia, Thailand is truly at the heart of the region. Looking over a map of Thailand will reveal a country whose borders form the rough shape of an elephants head.
In addition to these natural, geographical regions, Thailand is divided into 76 political provinces, with Bangkok serving as the political, commercial, industrial, educational, and entertainment capital of the country.
Phuket Official statements for welcoming .
Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut statement.
Phuket – is the Pearl of Andaman, the Heaven of the south of Thailand. We proudly welcome all international Pencak Silat participants to Phuket. In January 2015, Phuket is glad to be the host for the 16th World Pencak Silat Championship 2015.
Pencak Silat is a local sport of IMT-GT, Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand triangle growth, and Asian country members, especially when we have a good relationship with Malayisa, Indonesia and neighboring countries.
Phuket have done many world championships, such as; Taekwondo, and Judo in 2014. Phuket also will be hosting 16th Asian Beach Games 2014. There are 6 stadiums around the island including Sapan Hin Stadium, which that venue will be the competition venue for the World Pencak Silat Championship this coming January 2015.
Phuket is ready to accommodate and facilitate the participating contingents.
We have beautiful white sandy beaches, crystal clear blue sea, luxury resort sport and spa, and we also have international marine tourist hub.
On behalf of Phuket, we proudly welcome all contingent around the world to the top ten tourist city.
Phuket Municipality Deputy Mayor Kawee Tansukatanon statements .
“On behalf of Phuket City Municipality, I am the Deputy Mayor Kawee Tansukatanon (at the same time Acting Mayor) to chair the 16th World Pencak Silat Championship 2015. We will be responsible for the facilities in Phuket Town, such as; the Competition Stadium, road security, building renovations, and every other things in Phuket. Saphan Hin Public Park will be the competition hall for the championship. It can accommodate four thousands seats and facilities for competitors.
Phuket, Thailand has the ability to host 16th World Pencak Silat Championship 2015.
Strongly we believed that we can provide the holistic and warmth services to all the participating countries.
We welcome all participants to Phuket!”
Sport Authority of Thailand Phuket office Director Virat Phatee statements.
“Today, Phuket have the chance to welcome representatives of Pencak Silat Association of Thailand and the Chief Executive Officer of Singapore Silat Federation for site inspection for 16th World Pencak Silat Championship which will be held from 7th to 17th January 2015”
“Phuket has no other mission or sport competition during that period. The sport hall is available for holding the championship. It is good because people can continue to participate in world class sport competition after Asian Beach Games in November 2014.”
“However, the progress of preparations for hotels, transportation and facilities should be in next agenda that together we need to be concerned of. Phuket’s Governor will have the discussion further in details.”
“On behalf of Phuket Sport Authority, it is a pleasure for Phuket to be the host city for the 16th World Pencak Silat Championship 2015. We are ready to be the host for the championship.
Welcome to all athletes from 40 countries around the world to Phuket. Thank you!”
Superintendent of Phuket Airport Immigration Police Colonel Prapansak Prasansuk statements.
“I am Police Commissioner Prapansak Prasansuk, Superintendent of Phuket Airport Immigration. On behalf of the Phuket Airport Immigration, it is a pleasure for Thailand to be the country hosting the 16th World Pencak Silat Championship 2015. Phuket Immigration Divison will be accommodating participants with the safety and security as best as we could. We will be glad to assist the participants during the trip.
We welcome participants to Phuket”
Ms. Sirirat Srisaart, Bhukitta hotel manager statements .
“It is really a good activity to hold international sport competition. It can make Phuket’s economy grows and also make Thailand a known country, because of visits by tourists, competitive participants, and team supporters. We believed every tourism business sector will serve with warmth services to all participants and tourists.”